Kiwanis Club of Colebrook New Hamphire
Our Club History
The Kiwanis Club of Colebrook NH was organized July 11, 1977 through the sponsorship of the Berlin NH Kiwanis Club. We received our charter on September 28, 1977 and became incorporated on February 6, 1978. We are part of Kiwanis International, an organization that is international in scope.
Recent change to our meeting location
The Colebrook Kiwanis Club has changed meeting location. All meetings will now be held at the BLACK BEAR TAVERN in Colebrook. The First meeting at the BLACK BEAR was on March 29th. Unless otherwise noted below all subsequent club and board meetings will be held at the Black Bear at their regularly scheduled times.
Updates as of Aug 8th
Elizabeth Falconer receiving the Richard and Pat Beauregard Memorial Scholarship on July 21, 2022
Sunday July 3rd, 2022…Putt A Round Colebrook
Coming Soon…Video of all of the 4th of July weekend events!!!
Mark Your Calendars…
At the April 5th Meeting…Guest Speaker Kaitlin Wood who is the Youth Services Librarian at the Colebrook Public Library discussed programs currently in the works for the summer.
- The Summer Reading Program (SRP) will take place between June 27th and August 12th
- ….The following are Kiwanis sponsored programs this summer….
- July 1 from 2:00-4:00PM. The Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation will present a life sized 65 foot inflatable whale where families can go inside to learn the anatomy. They will also learn about a real whale named Nala that scientists have studied for decades.
- July 6th at 1:30PM. Hands on activities at the “Story Walk on River Walk” where kids will learn about the Connecticut River and the animals that call it home. Presented by, Siskin Ecological Adventures.
- August 10 at 11AM. The Squam Lakes Natural Science Center will bring several aquatic critters, including a live turtle and frog to the library. Kids will learn about the habitats of these creatures
Visit the Colebrook Public Library to register
…Other Important Stuff
- August 18th-21st, Annual Convention. Sheraton in Nashua NH
- September 25th, Annual Installation Dinner-Mohawk Falls
COLEBROOK KIWANIS RECENT PROJECTS
The 2022 Winter Carnival
Edition NOW Available
From local Retailers
Kiwanis Toys For Kids
On Behalf of the Colebrook Kiwanis Club…THANK YOU
The Kiwanis Club of Colebrook would like to thank everyone who helped make our first toy drive, “Kiwanis Toys For Kids” a success.
All of your donations to this project are used locally within the Colebrook Kiwanis service area.
Kiwanis is all about the kids. Thanks for doing your part.
Fundraiser “Ugly Sweater” at the Blackbear
Santa Comes to Town
The Tree of Love
Honor a loved one this holiday season with a gift of love on the Kiwanis Tree o Love, which is located on the Colebrook Public Library lawn. Each red bulb will be replaced with a clear one plus a green or red tag will be posted for each gift of love.
Christmas Parade for the residents of the COOS County Nursing Home
Putt Around Colebrook
What is Kiwanis?
Interested in learning more? Please contact us here.